Dottie

25 de novembre 2008


Buscava informació sobre Dorothy Parker, i he trobat aquest muntatge. Hi ha frases (quotes)genials.. he trobat unes quantes més que m'han fet gràcia. Alcohòlica, enginyosa, de vida convulsa...

Would you kindly direct me to hell? (seria tan amable de portar-me a l'infern?)

una altra de genial, és un poema:

Inventory

Four be the things I am wiser to know:
Idleness, sorrow, a friend, and a foe.
Four be the things I'd been better without:
Love, curiousity, freckles, and doubt.
Three be the things I shall never attain:
Envy, content, and sufficient champagne.
Three be the things I shall have till I die:
Laughter and hope and a sock in the eye.

-Dorothy Parker, Enough Rope, 1926

Brevity is the soul of lingerie. (la brevetat és l'ànima de la llenceria)

Why is it no one ever sent me yet one perfect limousine, do you suppose? Ah no, it's always just my luck to get one perfect rose.
(per què mai m'han enviat una limousina perfecta, no et sembla? ah no, sempre la meva sort és rebre una rosa perfecta)